This unique vinaigrette is especially good with fish and lamb. I like to use it on salad greens with anything roasted or grilled with mesquite, pecan or apple wood. Also try pairing with feta cheese and olives.
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Stir coriander in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Cool and then coarsely grind with mortar and pestle or spice mill. Heat 1 tablespoon Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
Combine coriander and shallots in a bowl; add vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in 7 tablespoons Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cover and chill; discard garlic after 1 hour. Let vinaigrette stand at room temperature before using.