If you know how to slice an orange, then try this incredibly tasty and visually stunning salad that will blow your guests away, without taking all day to prepare. Serves 4. To make for two, simply halve or eat double!
- 4 softball sized seedless oranges
- 1 tablespoon champagne (or white wine) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil from The Olive Orchard, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste, freshly ground
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
Cut the ends and skins off the oranges; slice into disks. Overlap the slices on individual plates or a platter. Season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vinegar and honey. Add baby arugula, toasted almonds, chives and a touch of salt. Toss well to coat.
Place a mound of the salad over the oranges. Drizzle a touch of olive oil around the plate and serve.
Variations: For a more robust olive flavor, experiment with our intense Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. For a bright taste of spring, try a combination of flavored olive oils, such as our Orange Olive Oil paired with our Basil Olive Oil.
Adapted from: Chef Bill Scepansky